Study trips to Germany provide delegations from aspirant ETS countries with comprehensive information on ETS implementation and its design elements, the MRV system, and the role and experience of covered entities. During the study trip, participants have the opportunity to partake in discussion with various experts and stakeholders, both on theory and practice.
- Format: 1-2 weeks (virtual or in-person), modular design, tailored to topics of interest, background and knowledge level of participants;
- Target group: Government or industry representatives as well as mixed groups of participants from countries considering an ETS;
- Objective: Provide an overview of ETS design elements and share experiences and lessons learned from EU ETS implementation in Germany;
- Special focus:
- Meetings with policymakers and experts from the German Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety, the German Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy, the German Emissions Trading Authority and the European Energy Exchange;
- Meetings with private sector representatives from different industrial or power sector companies covered by the ETS;
- Site visits to companies covered by the EU ETS.